|Cyprus Citizenship by Investment Program –
The Fastest Route to EU Citizenship
Europe has long established itself as the most sought-after region in terms of high net worth immigration, accounting for over half of the total number of global citizenship applications, with the Caribbean in second place, followed by North America in third. Also noteworthy, are recent studies conducted by global immigration experts, ranking the Cyprus Citizenship by Investment Program among the “top ten best in the world”.
Cyprus has been ranked the 5th best relocation destination in the world by an international lifestyle review (source: 2014 report prepared by Knight Frank, a leading independent, global real estate consultancy firm). Ranked by key business and leisure indicators, Cyprus was the only European country alongside Switzerland to make it into the top five – ahead of London, Madrid and Monaco. Coupled with what most international tax advisors agree is the most favourable onshore personal tax regime in the world, Cyprus provides an attractive destination for investment-based immigration. With at least 320 days of sunshine a year, Cyprus was classified the sunniest European location.”
The Cypriot immigration policy and legal framework now enable Non-EU nationals to obtain Cypriot citizenship on an expedited basis. There are a number of reasons that the Cyprus Citizenship by Investment (CBI) Program is now considered to be the most attractive worldwide, including the following:
1. There is no requirement to make a donation to the local government, in contrast to Malta and many other citizenship programs worldwide.
2. Cyprus does not require applicants to live on the island prior, during or after the application process, unlike all other EU countries with citizenship programs that impose some form of residency requirements.
3. The application process takes 6 months, with approval granted within 3 to 4 months, being by far the fastest route to EU Citizenship.
4. Simple and straightforward application process with no requirements to disclose the source of wealth or funds, no medical testing, and no language requirements.
5. Approved by the EU (being one of only two CBI programs in Europe with official EU approval).